Data protection notes
Gladly we accept your questions and suggestions.
a subsidiary of Messe München GmbH
IMAG GmbH ("IMAG") thanks you for visiting our website and for your interest in our company and products. We take the protection of your person-related data very seriously. We would like you to feel at ease when you visit our website.
Protecting your privacy is of utmost importance to us. Therefore, compliance with legislation on protecting data privacy is self-evident for us. Our employees are obligated to maintain data secrecy. They are regularly trained in the areas of data protection and data security. In the following, we would like to outline briefly how we handle your personal data within the context of our website and how we protect these data.
1. Who is responsible? Who is the data protection officer?
a. Responsible for this website
IMAG GmbH, represented by the Managing Director Mr. Peter Bergleiter
Am Messesee 2
Tel: +49 (0)89 55 29 12-0
Fax: +49 (0)89 55 29 12-350
b. Data protection officer
Data Protection Officer
Tel.: +49 (0)89 949-20720
Fax: +49 (0)89 949-20729
2. What are personal data? How do we protect personal data?
a. Personal data
Personal data refer to individual information about the personal or material relations of a certain or identifiable natural person. This includes information such as your name, postal or email address, and access data in the context of using our website. Personal data are also stored by us in addition to the access data only if you voluntarily provide us with this, e.g., in the context of a registration, a survey, a prize contest, a contact request, a subscription to a newsletter or to carry out an online order. In addition, personal data are only used to the extent necessary and for the sole consented purpose or a legally permissible purpose. For secure transmission of your data, IMAG uses encryption procedures in secured areas. This means that the communication between your browser and our ordering system is not readable for others on the internet, for example. Apart from that, the use of our ordering system is deemed as consent to the storage and use of your data by IMAG and its partners.
b. Access data
By accessing our website, IMAG receives access data that is stored for security purposes and in principle permits identification of:
- The name of your internet service provider
- The country you come from
- The website from which you are visiting
- The search term if you come to our site via a search engine
- Our websites that you visit
- The user tool (web browser, operating system), with which you have accessed our website
- Files that you have downloaded from our site (e.g., PDF or Word documents)
- The duration of your visit
- The date and time of access
3. What do we do with your personal data?
a. If you use our website or our contact form
(1) Provision of our website
The provision of this website requires the handling of personal data, for example, the IP address for the retrieval of the content displayed on this website.
These data are evaluated by IMAG and enable us to optimize our offers as a whole and make the content more specific for you personally, e.g., to recognize you as a returning visitor to our website. If you have an existing data record, the new data can be assigned to it in many cases. The IP address of the computer from which the access is made is only stored for backup purposes for a period of one month.
You also have the opportunity to contact us via our contact form. We collect the personal data for this that you enter in the contact form.
(2) Legal basis
The handling of your personal data for the provision of this website and for communication via this website is based on our legitimate interest. For the provision of this website, it is technically necessary that we process certain personal data (e.g., the IP address). For your communication with us, we must handle the respective personal data.
(3) Balancing of interests
As part of the required balancing of interests, we balance your interest in the confidentiality of your personal information and our interests in the provision of this website in establishing contact with each other. Your interest in confidentiality is secondary in both cases. Otherwise, we could not provide you with access to this website or respond to your contact request.
(4) Recipient categories
We use service providers to provide our website. We transmit personal data to these service providers for this. These service providers are contractually obligated by us to exercise the same care when handling personal data as we do ourselves.
These service providers are subject to the same strict data protection regulations and are also included in the data protection concept of IMAG.
Personal data are only transmitted to state institutions and authorities in the context of legal or judicial obligations.
b. When you buy online tickets from us or register online with us as a visitor, trade visitor or exhibitor
(1) Online tickets and legal basis
You can buy online tickets for trade fairs and congresses via our website. We process the personal data for this that you enter in the order form. The processing of your personal data takes place for preparing, executing and processing the corresponding contract.
In this context, IMAG only processes personal data for the purpose of IMAG's business purposes. This is necessary for carrying out the tasks of the exhibition and exhibition industry in economic, scientific and cultural fields. The tasks include in particular the holding of trade fairs, exhibitions, congresses and similar events, the promotion of the economy by organizing trade fairs, exhibitions, congresses and similar events.
To this end, IMAG rents locations and exhibition facilities, congress and meeting rooms, which it uses for events. IMAG also operates this for certain events and special internet offers.
The processing of personal data is carried out in particular for the handling of business processes in connection with the above activities, for your information and for promoting our events and services (based on Section 7 para. 3 of the Law on Unfair Competition [UWG]), for their optimization as well as market and opinion research. You can object to the sending of electronic mail by sending an email to the following address:
(2) Registration as an exhibitor or visitor and legal basis
You can register as a visitor, trade visitor or exhibitor on our website. For this purpose, we process the personal data that you provide to us as part of your registration.
The processing of your personal data takes place for preparing, executing and processing the corresponding usage contract (license agreement).
You do not have to register to participate in events of IMAG. Of course, you can also buy an anonymous ticket at the ticket counters without registering. Our hosts and hostesses as well as our service center and the exhibition project management will support you in doing this.
Without registration, we are unfortunately unable to provide you with services such as online advance sale or simplified repeated ticket purchase, match-making, travel services or other services of IMAG.
This does not apply for you as a visitor in the following cases:
- For pure trade visitors' fairs; In this case, we need the data necessary to confirm trade visitor status.
- If you want to redeem a voucher; in this case, we need your name and contact details for the reasons mentioned below under "Exhibitors".
In particular, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Purchase of (discounted in part) tickets for our events;
- Redemption of vouchers, tickets and Print@home tickets, with which you can avoid possible waiting times at entry to a trade fair;
- Registration of future tickets "with just one click";
- Delivery and payment for other offers of IMAG (e.g., trade fair directories and catalogs);
- Review of trade visitor status, because some of our events are reserved for a specialist audience;
- You can better plan your trade show visit in advance, because we can give you advance announcements, technical information and other materials for the events that you are interested in and can specifically recommend exhibitors or services to you;
- If you are an exhibitor, the data help us to run your trade fair presentations smoothly, provide you with a selection of individually tailored service offers, and present you the products, services and marketing offers of IMAG;
- Your voluntary participation in our market and opinion research helps us to improve our events and our service offer;
- Prevention or detection of abuse and fraud, especially with respect to vouchers and free tickets;
- Possibly easy updating of your personal information via the internet.
Data collected later is also assigned to the customer account. For example, these include the data collected when you order tickets, the number of a voucher of an exhibitor inviting you, and email addresses of other persons for whom you also order tickets at the same time as you order.
You may have multiple customer accounts if you registered with us using different email addresses.
(3) Recipient categories
We only forward the data to third parties to the extent described below. Some of the recipients are located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Please also note the following section in this context.
- Group companies: As part of the Messe München GmbH company group, IMAG may transmit the personal data of its exhibitors to its group companies, provided they wish to inform about their events and services. Group companies are correspondingly required to comply with data protection requirements. The group companies of Messe München GmbH can be found on the webpage
The forwarding of personal data of visitors to group companies only takes place for visitors, for whom the respective group company acted as an intermediary. In a larger group of companies such as Messe München GmbH, it cannot be ruled out that individual companies, parts thereof or rights to events will be sold to third parties or acquired by Messe München GmbH or IMAG. In such transactions, customer data are usually transmitted as well. Your personal data are protected according to the requirements of data protection in such cases.
- Foreign representatives of IMAG: IMAG may transmit data about visitors and exhibitors from its respective area of representation to foreign representatives of IMAG, who act as sales partners for IMAG, e.g., when ordering and paying for tickets from foreign visitors via our foreign representatives. The forwarding of personal data to foreign representatives only takes place for exhibitors and visitors, who come from the respective representation area of the respective foreign representative. The foreign representatives of IMAG can be found on the webpage
- Promotions: We sometimes send offers to groups of visitors or exhibitors on behalf of third parties, or organize contests ourselves. In this case, the ordering party receives neither your name nor your address or other personal data unless you voluntarily give your consent.
- Exhibitors: When you redeem a voucher, we transmit your data to the exhibitor, who invites you with the voucher for a trade fair visit to his booth. This serves billing between IMAG and the respective exhibitor. We also want to make sure that you can properly use the voucher provided to you. In addition, exhibitors can use a lead tracking service, with which the individual exhibitor scans the barcode on your ticket and consequently receives your contact data, similar to a business card. These are in detail: Company name, salutation, title, first and last name, position, postal address, country, telephone number(s), email address and any other information that you have provided about your interests and/or your company. If you hand over your visitor or exhibitor pass, e.g., a business card, to an exhibitor for scanning, the exhibitor receives access to the above information. Unnoticed data collection without your participation does not take place. In accordance with the international character of the trade fair (or the congress), exhibitors who are located outside the European Union and consequently outside the scope of European data protection laws are also represented. In this case too, you may object or agree in individual cases to the disclosure of your data by refusing or offering your ticket for scanning.
- Service providers: We commission service providers with the fulfillment of tasks for us, e.g., sending emails, payment processing (credit card, direct debit and invoice purchases), data maintenance, data analysis, and customer service. These service providers only have access to the data they need to fulfill their tasks specified by IMAG. They are contractually obliged not to use the data for other purposes, especially not for their own purposes, and must protect the data as provided for in this data protection declaration and the relevant data protection laws.
(4) Special data protection notes
The transmission of data to the extent described above may be made to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) in some cases. Some of these countries do not have a level of data protection comparable to the level of protection within the EU (e.g., USA, China or India). To protect your data, our non-EEA Group companies and contractors, to which data are to be transmitted, for example, foreign representatives, are required to provide appropriate data protection in accordance with EU standard contractual clauses for the transmission of personal data to third countries.
You can find the EU standard contract clauses at the following link:
You can also find information on international data protection at the following link:
c. If you apply online with us
(1) Online application
You can apply online to us via our website or the website of our mother company Messe München GmbH. You first have to register on our application portal. We process the personal data for this that you enter in the application form.
You can then submit your application. For this purpose, we process those personal data which you specify in each case and which you provide us with in the context of your application, e.g., via your documents.
(2) Legal basis
(a) The processing of your personal data in the context of the application portal takes place for preparing, executing and processing the corresponding usage contract (license agreement).
(b) The processing of your personal data in the context of your application is performed only to prepare an employment contract.
(c) Your application will only be stored for a longer period of time if you give us your corresponding consent. You can revoke your consent with future effect at any time.
(3) Recipient categories
In the context of application procedures, we transmit personal data to other companies in our group of companies and to service providers in the context of service provision.
(1) General information about cookies
Cookies are small text files used by many websites worldwide as well as in Germany. Cookies are created during your visit to our website and stored by our server on your hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any personal data. In addition, cookies stored by our servers can only be read by us and not any third-party website. Most browsers are set in such a way that they automatically accept cookies. If you do not wish to benefit from the advantages of cookies, you can deactivate this function in your browser. Please refer to the individual setting options of your browser. Of course, you can view our website without cookies. However, this can result in restricting functions with respect to our offers.
(2) Legal basis
The legal basis for our handling of your personal data for the provision of our website is our legitimate interest. As part of the required balancing of interests, we always balance your interest in the confidentiality of your personal information and our interests in the provision of this website (including its provision). Your interest in confidentiality is secondary in such cases.
(3) Conversion tracking using the third-party service Matomo
The information generated from cookies about the use of this website is not disclosed to third parties. You can prevent the cookies from being stored by means of an appropriate setting in your browser software; however, we must point out that in this case, not all functions of the website may be available to you in their full capacity.
If you disagree with the storage and use of your data, you can deactivate the storage and use here. In this case, an opt-out cookie is stored in your browser, which prevents the storage of user data by Matomo. If you delete your cookies, this may result in the Matomo opt-out cookie also being deleted. The opt-out needs to be reactivated when our website is visited again.
4. How long do we store your personal data?
We will delete your personal data if the purpose of storage is no longer necessary and no statutory provision requires a retention. Statistical evaluations are made only in anonymous form.
5. What are your rights as an affected person?
Please contact our data protection officer for the exercise of your rights and the revocation of your consent.
a. Your rights as an affected party
You have the following rights toward us regarding your personal data:
- You have the right to request information about any personal data that we process from you at any time.
- If your personal information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to correct and supplement it.
- You can request the deletion of your personal data at any time unless we are legally obliged or entitled to process your data further.
- If statutory requirements exist, you can request limitation of the processing of your personal data.
- You have the right to object to the processing insofar as data are processed for the purpose of direct advertising or profiling. If the processing is carried out based on balancing of interests, you may object to processing, stating reasons that arise from your particular situation.
- If the data processing is based on your consent or under a contract, you have a right to transfer the data provided by you insofar as it does not infringe upon the rights and freedoms of others.
b. Revocation of your consent
You can revoke your consent with future effect at any time.
6. What possibilities do you have to file a complaint?
You have the right to file a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority concerning our processing of your personal data.
The following data protection supervisory authority is responsible for us:
Bavarian State Office for Data Protection
Promenade 27 (Schloss)
Phone: +49 (0) 981 53 1300
Fax: +49 (0) 981 53 98 1300
7. Do you have any questions or comments?
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding data protection at IMAG, please feel free to contact our data protection officer by email.
Munich, June 2018